- Inadequate lighting requiring a trip to buy kerosene.
- Dependence on kerosene which is expensive and involves risk
- Access to financing difficult for the families,
- No innovation undertaken by companies to reach these populations,
- Lack of infrastructure.
- Creation of customized products adapted to the customer’s needs,
- Offer an alternative form of lighting to customers,
- Offer a local service for distribution and maintenance,
- Develop an appropriate financing solution
- More than 100,000 solar lighting systems installed,
- 140 employees,
- Improved productivity for small-scale businesses,
- A marked improvement in the quality of life for the families,
- Reach 200,000 more families by 2013,
- Diversify the solar products,
- Become an energy services company in rural areas, (energy for cooking, etc.)
- Create an incubation centre for entrepreneurs in order to develop this model in other regions.